Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friends take the "Work" out of Working

Starting, building, and running a home-based business--or any business--can be daunting, intimidating, and confusing, to say the least.  There is always some self-doubt, insecurities, and questions about what your ultimate goals are, and how best to achieve them.  This is especially true with all of the information out there on the internet today.  For me, some of the big questions are:
1. Who do I want to talk to?
2. Where will I find these people, or where will they find me?
3. How many hours do I need to work to accomplish my goals?
4. How can I most effectively show others how they can reach their goals doing what I do?

Obviously, this is a very condensed list, but you get the point. 

On my own, fumbling through, trying to figure it all out--what to do, how to set it up, what's working and what's not working--is very inundating.  In fact, I have had several days where it seemed I spent hours online and accomplished nothing but filling up my spam folder in my mailbox.

A big reason I am in business for myself is for the flexibility and freedom of being able to manage my own time and to lifestyle my business in a way that suits me.  Working all day is not my goal...my goal is to work part-time and keep my full-time income.

Last night, my friend and fellow Mompreneur, Ronda, came over for a creativity brainstorming session.  We originally planned on taking a couple hours, sharing our information with each other, trading tips, etc....what we ended up doing is spending all night working together and having a blast!!  I had no idea what time it was until my husband said he was going to bed!!  We sat side-by-side at the dining room table with our laptops and notebooks and just blasting through ideas and sites, coming up with plans that worked for each of us. 

What a great way to keep motivated, share information, and get a lot of work done--all while spending time with a good friend!  It didn't feel like "work" at all!!

So next time you are feeling overwhelmed and it seems like you are doing nothing but chasing your tail, grab your "Ronda" and have a work party!!  Trust me, when you are feeling self-doubt, a friend is always a better person to go to for advice than yourself, because they understand you, your goals, your strengths, and keep you moving in the direction of your dreams!

Thank you, Ronda, for a great night--can't wait til next week!!!

DREAM LARGE!!

www.facebook.com/choosegourmetcandles
www.lesaantone.biz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think, and if there's something you'd like to see me blog about, tell me!