Monday, July 19, 2010

A Day in Jerome, AZ



Hello All & Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!  Russell and I decided to go to Jerome, AZ Saturday to get out of the heat and do some shopping.  If you are ever in Arizona, Jerome is a must-see destination!!  Many say it is haunted and that is a huge draw for a lot of people.  Russell and I, however, absolutely love walking the town, visiting the shops, and having a nice lunch.  

Jerome is home to many artists, and if you are ever looking for an original piece of artwork or one-of-a-kind jewelry, clothing, etc., and love meeting the artist, this is the place to go! 

We also made reservations to stay at The Surgeon's House the first Saturday of October for Art Walk.  It's an amazing event that occurs the first Saturday of every month, and is incredible!!  We have to wait until October because Andrea, the owner of The Surgeon's House was booked until then.  And we insist on staying with her when we are there because her home and her property are only outdone by Andrea herself. 

Here are some pics from our day in Jerome.  Trust me when I say they do not do the town justice, but it's what I've got....Enjoy!!!




That's it for now!  In October, I will add some more pics, and perhaps better descriptions....but hope you enjoyed what I had!  

What's your "little-known" hot-spot??