Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Blog is Ready to Kick Off "Featured Business Friday!!!"

When Lindsay (who runs Happy Housewife Designs) was putting together my blog--no easy feat, I am sure--she asked me to come up with the titles for my pages.

Because I am a woman of many words, I wanted to be able to create a blog where people could come and easily find the information they were looking for--whether it be to laugh at my crazy family life, commiserate with being a mother of a teenager, check out pics of my zoo, learn a biz tip or two, read about the Featured Businesses I support, learn about my favorite designer discount sites & links I love, or perhaps find out more about my home business.

I am one of those impatient ADD kinda people who, if I cannot quickly find what I am looking for, will either give up, or, more likely, get distracted by another feature of the blog, and forget why I was there in the first place!!  I figured there might be more people out  there like me, so I am trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Like my Tagline suggests, this blog, which started out for my home business, has quickly evolved into a place for me to write about "Life and The In-between!"  If there is ever a subject you would like me to research and blog about, let me know!!  I am always open for ideas!!

Also, I would like to remind you all about Featured Business Friday!!!  It will kick off this coming Friday with the Lovely Lindsay, who designed this blog...and then will feature one, possibly two, small businesses per week (largely depending on the response from my readers!!)

If you would like to have your business featured on my blog, here's the scoop!!

Leave me a comment with your name, your blog name and url, a sentence or two about what your business offers, and another sentence or two about why you believe supporting small business is so important, and what you do in your life to promote that, either in your community or online.

***Deal Breaker:  Because I am doing the Featured Business promotion in order to remind others how important it is to support the small business owner, if you do not tell me why you believe supporting the little guy is important to you, and what you do personally to support the little guy, I cannot feature your business.  I cannot stress how important this is to me, so please don't forget to add that info in your comment!!***

2 comments:

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

Lesa, thanks so much for the comments on my blog post about unfollowing! I'm your newest follower! Your blog layout is so adorable. I'm excited to have gained a new bloggy friend! :)

Brenda said...

I really like your blog! I am now a follower and e-mail subscriber. I'm trying to get that Feedburner feature on my blog, but can't figure out how to do it - I've tried twice. Thanks for following my blog!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think, and if there's something you'd like to see me blog about, tell me!